What Personal Information About Clients Does LexLaunch.com Gather?
The information we learn from Clients helps us personalize and continually improve your experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way.
- Most of the information requested through our Plans is required. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your LLC, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses LexLaunch.com or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of LexLaunch.com on other Web sites.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from LexLaunch.com if your computer supports such capabilities. We also compare our Client list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our Clients. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as personalized advertisements on other Web sites, and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does LexLaunch.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our Clients is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share Client information only as described below and with subsidiaries Lex LaunchLLC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include forming an LLC, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from Client lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing Client service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Any attorney or law firm third-party service provider will be subject to the local rules of professional responsibility imposed by that attorney’s applicable state bar association(s).
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of LexLaunch.com Clients on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell business units, or license or franchise to 3rd party attorneys or law firms. In most transactions, Client information generally is not one of the transferred business assets and remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the Client consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Lex Launch LLC, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, Client information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of LexLaunch.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of LexLaunch.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from Clients for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
Which Information Can I Access?
LexLaunch.com does not store information directly on its site. If you wish to access the information you have submitted please contact us or the attorney or law firm you are working with directly.
What Choices Do I Have?
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please let us know. Emails from LexLaunch.Com will have an unsubscribe option towards the bottom.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit LexLaunch.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Missouri. If you have any concern about privacy at LexLaunch.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of Client information collected in the past without the consent of affected Clients.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with Client service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through LexLaunch.com; provide information in your plan submission(s) ; communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in plan submissions; e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; content of reviews and e-mails to us; personal description and photograph in Your Profile ; and financial information. We do not collect Social Security Numbers through LexLaunch.Com, but all plan submissions will require that information to be relayed by you to one of our 3rd-party service providers (attorneys or law firms only).
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. For information about specific devices, click here. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.